So, I spent all morning yesterday clipping coupons, organizing and then printing lists for my shopping trip. I really didn't "need" anything but I looked for things that I would save 50% or more on so that I could only shop for my stock pile. I got up this morning and after dropping my oldest son off at school, I headed off to the store. My first stop was a Walgreens because they have some great deals this week with coupons. I get there and everything is gone! :( Talk about total bummer! These coupon people are no joke! I was so upset because I spent all this time on Sunday only to get to the store and everything is gone. So I decided that I am kicking it up a few notches! I am in total competition mode now! I only bought toothbrushes at Walgreens but I got a great deal. Colgate wave toothbrush $2.49, buy one get on free, coupon for .75$ off one. So I bought 4 toothbrushes and used 4 coupons (you can use one coupon for the item you are buying and one coupon for the item you are getting free) I bought $9.96 worth of toothbrushes and I ended up paying .49$ a toothbrush! :)
Then I went to Walmart and bought:
Ivory bar 3 count: price .97$ coupon for $1.00 off. Final price: FREE!
Colgate toothpast: price $1.74 coupon for .75$ off final price: .99$
Oral B cavity Defense Toothbrushes: price $1.50 coupon for $1.50 off 2 Final price .75$ a piece
Zest Soap bar 3 count: Price $1.98 coupon for $1.00 off Final price .98$
I bought $41.60 worth of stuff today and paid $14.36. I am more excited that I didn't spend over a dollar for any of these items!!
It's kind of hard to believe without coupons all this is $41.00. Your probably thinking, well why does she need so much soap or toothbrushes? Well, you always need soap. I have never tried the ivory before but I figured if I don't like it my kids can use it, they don't care what soap they use and neither do I as long as they are clean. and also, don't forget the fact that it was FREE!! YAY!
Toothbrushes...well, you always need a new toothbrush but I mainly got them because my husband gets called out sometimes for his job for natural disasters and things. I figured if we stock up on things he needs when he leaves he can always keep a bag packed and we won't have to go out at the last minute to buy these things.
So even though some things were picked over I still got some really great deals. So today was a really good day!
Check with the other stores in your area. It would have saved you 25 cents this trip if all the prices were the same but some of the "less popular" stores like Food Lion and Kroger double coupons up to a value of $1.00 so your 75cent coupon for toothpaste would have bumped up to a dollar. Which could save you a lot if you have a bunch of coupons like that.
ReplyDeleteI know it would be great if some place around me would double coupons. I don't have a Kroger or a food lion. I have all the bigger chains. Oh well, I guess I have to work with what I have. Lucky for you if you have stores near you that double! :)
ReplyDelete