Saturday, April 23, 2011

4/23 trip to walmart

I was really trying hard to hold off on going to the store. Usually I go grocery shopping every 2 weeks when my husband gets paid. I am now going to try going to the store weekly and only shop from the sales papers. This is probably going to be tricky at the start condsidering there are things we need because we are out of EVERYTHING at the moment. I had to make a trip to walmart today to hold us over for a few days until the new sales papers came out. I bought $85.15 in groceries and paid $75. 81. I was really bummed by this. A "professional coupner" could have gotten all this for like $15.00 or less. I guess I do need to take into consideration that we were out of a lot of things and not everything that I needed had a huge sale or a coupon. All in good time I guess.

I am excited because I knew that walmart took other store coupons but on walmart's website, their coupon policy says that they only take other store coupons that give an amount....like....crest tooth paste $1.00. I had target coupons for carefree panty liners for .01$. Yea...that's right 1 cent. I checked target the other day and they were completely out. So I though why not give it a go at walmart. They took the coupon and one of the managers said they take all competitors coupons, even coupons that say amount off....like....crest toothpaste $2.00 off. I was like WHOOT WHOOT! plus walmart price matches....this will save a lot of time for me running from store to store.....so without further ado.....here's what I bought at walmart with target coupons...

I got this for .03$! It's not a whole lot but....I would have spent  $4.82 but I didn't, and $4.82 is $4.82. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.