Monday, April 25, 2011

Making my weekly grocery list.

I said in a previous post that I wanted to start grocery shopping weekly and using only the sales ads. Wishful thinking. I have a long list and not everything on that list has an amazing deal or a coupon. I seen on livingwellspendingless.com Ruth bought $176 worth of groceries and paid NOTHING! I want to be like Ruth! Anyway, we will see how my shopping goes this week.
Some of the deals I am going for are:

WALMART


I have a $1/1 coupon for Kotex U Liners, exp. 5-28-11
Final price: $0.24


I have a $1/1 coupon Finish Quantum, exp. 5-22-11
Final price $1.77

Philadlphia Cream cheese 8oz
Jewel has cream cheese on sale for $1.50
Walgreens has a $1.00 off coupon with the purchase of 2
At walmart you can price match and use 1 $1.00 coupons from walgreens
Final Price: $1.00 for 2

Pamolive dish soap
walgreens has pamolive 10oz for .89$ and also has a coupon for .25$ off 
I can price match the .89$ at walmart and use the .25$ off coupon
Final Price: .64$

Birds eye steam fresh vegetables
i'm not sure of the price of them at walmart but Dominicks has them for $1.25
I have a save .75$/3 coupon
Final price $1.00 each
I will be checking walmart to see if they have them cheaper

WALGREENS
I will be doing 2 transactions

#1 - Stayfree Maxi Pads $2.99
registar rewards $2.99 good on your next purchase
final price: FREE!


I will be paying for my second transaction with my registar rewards

#2 - Colgate total toothpaste 4oz $2.79 Buy one get on free
I have a save $1.00 coupon
Because it's a buy one get one (BOGO) I can use 2 $1/1 coupons (for for each item)
Final Price: .40$ a piece

Captian crunch cereal $1.99
I have a $1/2 coupon plus a .50$ off one box
Final Price: $1.24 each

The whole registar rewards thing confuses me so I will post back once I figure out what my total savings is. It should be close to nothing though! :) If I am right my total should be close to .50$ but knowing my luck i'll get to the store and everything will be long gone! 
My grocery list is much bigger then this but these are the things I found I could get really good deals on and I would be buying them this week anyway, so why not do a little research (a lot in my case being a newbie) and get it cheaper? 




1 comment:

  1. How you do it I will never know missy! You are just awesome. I was organizing my book last night! Almost done. Got to get it together before Sundays paper comes out!! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.