Between the house, the kids, the dogs and coupons, I am exhausted! I did manage to make a nice lunch for my husband and his sergeant today. They have training after their shift tonight so I thought I would make a nice big lunch to hold them over.
Baked BBQ wings with blue cheese big
The Illustrated Kitchen Bible
2 lbs chicken wings
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp light brown sugar
1 shallot finely chopped
! garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp red hot pepper sauce
Blue cheese dip
2/3 cups sour cream
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tbs snipped chives
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
*the chicken can be coated in the mixture and refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
Season the wings with salt and pepper. Process the oil, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, shallot, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Combine the wings and the sauce in a large self-sealing plastic bag, and coat the wings with the sauce. Let stand at room temperature for no more then 90 minutes. (I just let it sit in the refrigerator, I'm really picky about letting my meat sit out.)
Preheat the oven to 375. Spread the chicken on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. turn the wings and bake for 15 more minutes. Turn the wings and bake for 15 more minutes, until the wings show no sign of pink when pierced at the bone.
Meanwhile, mix he dip ingredients in a bowl. Serve the chicken wings hot with the dip on the side, and a bowl to collect the bones.
* The wings were good but I think they would be better on the grill.
Roasted Red Potatoes
Kraft magazine
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup finely shredded Italian style five cheese blend
1/4 cup bacon
2 lbs small red potatoes
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350. Mix dressing, cheese and bacon in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss lightly
spoon potato mixture into a greased 13x9 baking dish
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Thanks babe your the best.
ReplyDelete